Sunday, April 25, 2010

Staff Member Promotion Mishap

Recently I said I would be promoting a member to the staff position of moderator. I feel bad now that I feel like taking that back. But let me explain myself.
Firstly I feel bad since I was hoping and almost expecting more than one person to apply for the position. I only got one application. This makes it feel more like I'm giving away the position.
Secondly, the site hasn't really been as active as it was before. It's almost starting to feel like the amount of staff we have is way more than enough. So adding a new staff member would just feel overwhelming.
As bad as I feel about it, I think that for now, until things liven up again on the site, I'm going to revoke the staff member opening and keep the staff as is. For now things are just too... dead for us to have another staff member.

No comments:

Post a Comment